Municipal Court


If you are found guilty and are not satisfied with the judgment of the court, you have the right to appeal. Since the Leon Valley Municipal Court is not a court of record, an appeal is sent to the Bexar County Court and is a “trial de novo,” which means the case is tried over again as if the trial in Municipal Court never occurred.

How to Appeal
To appeal your case, you must give a notice of appeal and post an appeal bond with the Court within 10 calendar days of the judgment. The appeal bond is twice the amount of the fine and court costs.