City COVID Updates
City Closures, Cancellations &
Operational Changes to Non-Essential City Services in Response to Covid-19
NEW UPDATE: City of Leon Valley Declaration of Public Health Emergency
At the July 7th City Council meeting, city leaders made the very difficult decision to keep the Forest Oaks Community pool closed until further notice. In addition, City Hall will be closed to the public beginning July 13th until further notice, although city employees will remain at your service. The library will continue it’s curbside operations, but the parks will only be open for walking or jogging, with the park restrooms and Community Garden remaining open for use; social distancing is strongly encouraged. . All other amenities, such as the playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts, and fitness equipment will be closed. The COVID-19 cases in our area have increased at an alarming rate and we urge everyone to wear a face mask when in close proximity to persons not in your immediate household, wash hands frequently, and stay home as much as possible until we see a significant decline in cases. Please note, city leaders will continue to meet and make a determination about future events and closures as the situation warrants.Executive Orders from County and State Officials:
- NEW:Click here to view Order NW-13 in its entirety, issued July 15, 2020.
- Governor Greg Abbott Executive Order No. GA-29, issued July 2, 2020 (click here)
- Governor Greg Abbott Amendment Executive Order No. GA-28, issued July 2,2020 (click here)
- Click here to view Order NW-12 in its entirety, issued July 1, 2020.
- Click here to view Executive Order No. GA-28 in its entirety, issued June 26, 2020
- NEW: Ord. No. 2020-37 8th Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (07/24/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-32 7th Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (07/10/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-27 6th Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (06/19/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-26 5th Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (06/05/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-22 4th Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (05/20/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-20 3rd Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (05/08/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-19 2nd Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (04/17/2020)*
- Amended Ordinance 2020-15 Declaration of Local Disaster (03/26/2020)*
- Ordinance 2020-15 Extending A Declaration of Local Disaster (03/19/2020)*
- First Amendment to the Declaration of Public Health Emergency in Leon Valley Bexar County , Texas (04/01/2020)*
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency in Leon Valley Bexar County, Texas (04/01/2020)*
- Regular City Council Meetings at City Hall will be held in person and will be open to the public. However, we strongly encourage you to watch the meeting online from home and call to submit your comments during citizens to be heard. Remember to access our website at www.leonvalleytexas.gov to watch, see exhibits, and submit your comments on City Council agenda items!
- All social distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC will be strictly enforced. Please watch this short clip regarding the measures we've taken to ensure the safety of the community during City Council Meetings.
- Meeting Link: (http://leonvalleytx.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx)
- CDC Guidelines Link: https://www.cdc.gov/…/prevent-gettin…/social-distancing.html)
*Dates of entry.