Executive Order GA-23 has the following changes:
May Open IMMEDIATELY with Restrictions (05/18/2020)
- Massage establishments;
- Personal care and beauty services may reopen. This includes tattoo studios, piercing studios, hair removal services and hair loss treatment services; and
- Child care services (other than youth camps).
Allowed to Open May 22, 2020 with Restrictions
- Dine-in Restaurants up to 50% of total listed occupancy;
- Bars and similar establishments (not restaurants) up to 25% of total listed occupancy;
- Aquariums and similar facilities (excluding zoos) at up to 25 of total listed occupancy;
- Bowling alleys, bingo halls, simulcast racing, and skating rinks up to 25% of total listed occupancy;
- Rodeos and equestrian events up to 25% of total listed occupancy;
- Drive-in concerts; and
- Amateur sporting events with no access to general public.
Authorized to Open on May 29, 2020 with Restrictions
- Outdoor areas of zoos
Allowed to Open on May 31, 2020 with Restrictions
- Professional sports with no spectators;
- Youth camps including summer camps (daytime or overnight); and
- Youth sports programs, provided however, that practices may begin, but games may not start until June 15, 2020.
Still Not Allowed to Open to the Public:
- Interactive entertainment venues not expressly named above (i.e. arcades, amusement parks, or water parks);
- Nursing homes, state supported living centers, assisted living facilities, or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance; and
- In-person classroom attendance at public schools.
The changes can be found at https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/EO-GA-23_phase_two_expanding_opening_COVID-19.pdf.
As a reminder, the Executive Order states, “In accordance with guidance from DSHS Commissioner Dr. Hellerstedt, and to achieve the goals established by the President to reduce the spread of COVID-19, every person in Texas shall, except where necessary to provide or obtain Covered Services, minimize social gatherings and minimize in-person contact with people who are not in the same household. People over the age of 65, however, are strongly encouraged to stay at home as much as possible; to maintain appropriate distance from any member of the household who has been out of the residence in the previous 14 days; and, if leaving the home, to implement social distancing and to practice good hygiene, environmental cleanliness, and sanitation.
The City of Leon Valley remains here for each and every one of our citizens and business owners. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance, and remember, please support your local businesses as much as possible!
City Closures, Cancellations &
Operational Changes to Non-Essential City Services in Response to Covid-19
CITY HALL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Although physically closed, all the offices will continue to assist the public with information, answer phones, emails, and process payments remotely either online or by telephone;
- The Regular City Council Meeting on May 19th, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall will be held in person and will be open to the public. However, we strongly encourage you to watch the meeting online from home and call to submit your comments during citizens to be heard. Remember to access our website at www.leonvalleytexas.gov to watch, see exhibits, and submit your comments on City Council agenda items!
- All social distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC will be strictly enforced. Please watch this short clip regarding the measures we've taken to ensure the safety of the community during City Council Meetings.
- Meeting Link: (http://leonvalleytx.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx)
- CDC Guidelines Link: https://www.cdc.gov/…/prevent-gettin…/social-distancing.html)
- Ord. No. 2020-22 4th Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (05/20/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-20 3rd Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (05/08/2020)*
- Ord. No. 2020-19 2nd Amendment to Ordinance Declaration of Local Disaster (04/17/2020)*
- Amended Ordinance 2020-15 Declaration of Local Disaster (03/26/2020)*
- Ordinance 2020-15 Extending A Declaration of Local Disaster (03/19/2020)*
- First Amendment to the Declaration of Public Health Emergency in Leon Valley Bexar County , Texas (04/01/2020)*
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency in Leon Valley Bexar County, Texas (04/01/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Crisis - (05/22/2020)*
- CPS Energy Late Fee Resolution Approved by San Antonio City Council (05/22/2020)*
- COVID -19 Essential Items Bag” Program to Support Small Businesses (05/19/2020)*
- Executive Order GA-23 (05/18/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Crisis - (05/15/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Crisis - (05/08/2020)*
- COVID-19 in Texas: Federal, State, and Local Housing Stability Policies (05/08/2020)*
- Open Texas - Fast Facts (05/04/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Crisis - (05/01/2020)*
- Business Help -Need Help Recovering from the COVID-19 Pandemic? (05/01/2020)*
- COVID-19 Surveillance in Bexar County (05/01/2020)*
- Governor Abbott Temporarily Allows For Appearance Before Notary Public Via Videoconference For Real-Estate Instruments (04/29/2020)*
- Governor of the State of Texas - Executive Order GA-18 Expanded Reopening of Services (04/28/2020)*
- Open Texas Report (04/28/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Times (04/24/2020)*
- Additional COVID-19 Testing Locations Open in San Antonio (04/24/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Riley on COVID-19 Times (04/17/2020)*
- Seven COVID-19 Relief Loans and Grants Small Businesses Can Apply For (04/13/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Times (04/10/2020)*
- Helpful Community Resources During COVID-19 Times (04/06/2020)*
- A Letter from Mayor Chris Riley on COVID-19 Crisis (04/03/2020)*
- Information about U.S. Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans (04/02/2020)*
- Governors Executive Order GA-14 (03/31/2020)*
- Letter to Public Regarding Open Record Requests and the Temporary Suspension of the Public Information Act (03/31/2020)*
- Guidelines for You and Others in Your Home with Known or Suspected COVID-19 Infection (03/28/2020)*
- Press Release: Support For Our Exempt Businesses (03/28/2020)*
- A Message From Mayor Chris Riley (03/27/2020)*
- A Message From Chief Joseph Salvaggio (03/26/2020)*
- An update from VIA and their Response to COVID 19 (03/26/2020)*
- Social Distancing Scoreboard - Compare your community's social distancing activity to its activity prior to COVID-19 (03/25/2020)*
- A Message from Your Texas Comptroller’s Office (03/25/2020)*
- Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Bexar County & LiftFund (03/25/2020)*
- Government Assistance Notices (03/23/2020)*
- Community Guidance & Business Response – An Update from the CDC (03/23/2020)*
- Frequently Asked Questions (03/19/2020)*
- Preguntas Frecuentes (03/19/2020)*
- View March 18, 2020 Special Emergency City Council Meeting by Telephone Conference Call (03/19/2020)*
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act-Congressional Summary (03/19/2020)*
- Updated Information About COVID-19 (03/19/2020)*
We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation. We will continue with the closures and cancellations in place and we will close/cancel facilities and events through May 19th with the intent to re-open on May 20th. As a reminder, the facilities that are closed are:
- Leon Valley Conference Center;
- Leon Valley Community (Senior) Center;
- Park Restrooms;
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts (Open- Each tennis court can only have four people playing at a given time, and social distancing must be maintained).
- Park Fitness Equipment
- Playground Equipment
- Leon Valley Public Library;
- Restaurants (except take out, delivery, and drive thru service);
- Bars or any establishment that primarily serves alcoholic beverages for on premise consumption;
- Bowling alleys;
- Gyms and fitness centers; and
- Skating rinks
See below for more information on city services, or if you do not see what you are looking for please call 210-684-1391.
- Utility Billing Services will continue as normal unless otherwise determined. To support all our customers, effective immediately, CPS Energy will suspend energy disconnects while our community bands together to find our path forward.
- Water Utility Service will continue as normal unless otherwise determined by the City. The City will not shut off any services during this time of immediate attention for extra health precautions.
- Trash and Recycling Services will continue as scheduled unless otherwise determined by Tiger Sanitation. All service requests (ie. missed pick up, recycle bin, roll-off request, etc) should be handled by phone 210-333-4287 or by email customer firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Municipal Court hearings scheduled for March 19, 2020 have been cancelled and defendants will receive a written notice from the Court advising you of the new date, and time of your hearing, or trial. Those who received a citation and have not contacted the court, you must still call the court and let them know how you want to resolve the citation by the initial appearance date that is listed on the citation. In many instances, people can resolve their citation without having to appear in person by calling 210-684-1391, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or emailing email@example.com If you do not receive a notice from the court, please call (210) 684-1391. You can mail in documents approved by the court to 6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, TX 78238. You can also pay your citation online . Court business can also be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning and Zoning Department will be available by telephone and email Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Please call 210-684-1391 for more information.
- Police Department will continue as normal.
- Fire Department will continue as normal.
- Facility& Park Rentals will continue reserving the facilities and park pavilions for summer/winter events unless otherwise determined by the City.
Please note, city leaders will continue to meet and make a determination about future events and closures as the situation warrants.
*Dates of entry.