City Closures, Cancellations &
Operational Changes to Non-Essential City Services in Response to Covid-19
CITY HALL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC THROUGH
APRIL 17, 2020
Although the risk for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is still low in our area, Leon Valley officials are actively monitoring the situation on a daily basis. We will continue to provide updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation.
To ensure the health and safety of the public and employees, with regards to Leon Valley municipal buildings it is ordered as follows:
- (i) the physical facilities of the City of Leon Valley are hereby ordered closed to the public. This includes City Administration, City Hall, Planning and Zoning, Municipal Court, City Cashiers, City Library and the Senior Center;
- (ii) although physically closed, all the offices will continue to assist the public with information, answer phones, emails, and process payments remotely either online or by telephone;
- (iii) municipal court will reset the court dates of all pending traffic citations in accordance with the judge’s instructions;
- (iv) all future City Council and board and commission meetings shall be cancelled or conducted by telephone conference or video conferencing pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.125 as modified by Governor Greg Abbott on March 16, 2020, suspension of certain sections of the Texas Open Government; the city park restrooms, basketball courts, tennis courts, park fitness equipment, and playground equipment shall remain closed for the duration of this Ordinance; and all police and fire service responses will continue uninterrupted.
- Governors Executive Order GA-14 (03/31/2020)*
- Letter to Public Regarding Open Record Requests and the Temporary Suspension of the Public Information Act (03/31/2020)*
- Guidelines for You and Others in Your Home with Known or Suspected COVID-19 Infection (03/28/2020)*
- Press Release: Support For Our Exempt Businesses (03/28/2020)*
- A Message From Mayor Chris Riley (03/27/2020)*
- A Message From Chief Joseph Salvaggio (03/26/2020)*
- Amended Ordinance 2020-15 Declaration of Local Disaster (03/26/2020)*
- An update from VIA and their Response to COVID 19 (03/26/2020)*
- Social Distancing Scoreboard - Compare your community's social distancing activity to its activity prior to COVID-19 (03/25/2020)*
- A Message from Your Texas Comptroller’s Office (03/25/2020)*
- Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Bexar County & LiftFund (03/25/2020)*
- Government Assistance Notices (03/23/2020)*
- Community Guidance & Business Response – An Update from the CDC (03/23/2020)*
- Frequently Asked Questions (03/19/2020)*
- Preguntas Frecuentes (03/19/2020)*
- Ordinance 2020-15 Extending A Declaration of Local Disaster (03/19/2020)*
- View March 18, 2020 Special Emergency City Council Meeting by Telephone Conference Call (03/19/2020)*
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act-Congressional Summary (03/19/2020)*
- Updated Information About COVID-19 (03/19/2020)*
- First Amendment to the Declaration of Public Health Emergency in Leon Valley Bexar County , Texas (04/01/2020)*
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency in Leon Valley Bexar County, Texas (04/01/2020)*
We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation. We will continue with the closures and cancellations in place and we will close/cancel facilities and events through April 17th with the intent to re-open on April 20th. As a reminder, the facilities that are closed are:
- Leon Valley Conference Center;
- Leon Valley Community (Senior) Center;
- Park Restrooms;
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Park Fitness Equipment
- Playground Equipment
- Leon Valley Public Library;
- Restaurants (except take out, delivery, and drive thru service);
- Bars or any establishment that primarily serves alcoholic beverages for on premise consumption;
- Bowling alleys;
- Gyms and fitness centers; and
- Skating rinks
See below for more information on city services, or if you do not see what you are looking for please call 210-684-1391.
- Utility Billing Services will continue as normal unless otherwise determined. To support all our customers, effective immediately, CPS Energy will suspend energy disconnects while our community bands together to find our path forward.
- Water Utility Service will continue as normal unless otherwise determined by the City. The City will not shut off any services during this time of immediate attention for extra health precautions.
- Trash and Recycling Services will continue as scheduled unless otherwise determined by Tiger Sanitation. All service requests (ie. missed pick up, recycle bin, roll-off request, etc) should be handled by phone 210-333-4287 or by email customer email@example.com.
- Municipal Court hearings scheduled for March 19, 2020 have been cancelled and defendants will receive a written notice from the Court advising you of the new date, and time of your hearing, or trial. Those who received a citation and have not contacted the court, you must still call the court and let them know how you want to resolve the citation by the initial appearance date that is listed on the citation. In many instances, people can resolve their citation without having to appear in person by calling 210-684-1391, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not receive a notice from the court, please call (210) 684-1391. You can mail in documents approved by the court to 6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, TX 78238. You can also pay your citation online . Court business can also be done by emailing email@example.com
- Planning and Zoning Department will be available by telephone and email Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Please call 210-684-1391 for more information.
- Police Department will continue as normal.
- Fire Department will continue as normal.
- Facility& Park Rentals will continue reserving the facilities and park pavilions for summer/winter events unless otherwise determined by the City.
Please note, city leaders will continue to meet and make a determination about future events and closures as the situation warrants.
*Dates of entry.