Make a Difference in Under Five Minutes; By Completing your Census 2020 Questionnaire!
Census 2020 Count Committee
Mayor Riley of The City of Leon Valley appointed "Census 2020 Complete Count Committee" (CCC) Ambassadors from leaders in our community groups. They are collaborative partners who will ensure that there is diversity and inclusiveness in terms of our representation within the City of Leon Valley. The Census 2020 Committee community groups consist of leaders from areas of government, education, community organizations, Workforce Development, business, and faith-based groups.
Census 2020 Campaign Timeline:
- January 2020 – Kickoff
- April 1st 2020 – By this date, Census Day every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census
- May 2020 - Census Bureau Representatives begin visiting homes that haven’t responded within the community
- December 31, 2020 - Census Bureau reports to the President of the United States the population count and the U.S. House of Representatives appointment
- March 31, 2021 - Census Bureau will send redistricting counts to states. This information is used to redraw legislative districts based on population changes.
April 1st, 2020 is officially Census Day! The U.S. Census is a head count of everyone residing in the United States, mandated by the U.S. Constitution (Article 1, Section2) since 1790. Every Ten Years, the United States Census Bureau conducts the Census Complete Count on all national and local levels. The count determines federal funding amounts that go directly to your community. The Census is for everyone, for all residents, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, immigration status will have the opportunity to participate with knowledge of the Census. Census Day is April 1st, 2020! For additional information access, https://www.census.gov/library/video/2019/2020-census-what-is-the-census.html.
Why is it important to complete the Census questionnaire?
- It provides an accurate population count in Texas, in Leon Valley.
- The Census is used to update the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives (Congressional Reapportionment).
- The Census count impacts the federal funds that communities receive for Hospitals & Healthcare, Public Safety, Roads & Transportation and Schools & Education (special education, classroom technology, teacher training, after-school programs, school lunch assistance).
Please contribute to the Leon Valley community by completing this questionnaire by “April 1st, 2020” as well as spread the word regarding the importance of this short and quick questionnaire.
How the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond?
Nearly every household will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census from either a postal worker or a census worker.
Three ways to respond to the 2020 Census.
By April 1, 2020, every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. You will have three options for responding:
- By phone.
- By mail.
- Computer stations are available at the Library at 6425 Evers Rd, Leon Valley, TX 78238
For additional information please visit, https://2020census.gov/.
The City of Leon Valley would like to thank our community in advance for completing your Census 2020 questionnaire!
- Spanish Version
- English Version
- How will the Census 2020 Impact YOU?
- THREE ways to respond to the 2020 Census.
- Why is the Census 2020 important for the City of Leon Valley!
- Leon Valley Education Census 2020 POSTER CONTEST!
- Census 2020 History
- How the Census benefits your community
Count Your Blessings!
Quality of Life Counts!
Your Count Matters!