Some offenses may be dismissed with proof of compliance and a $0.00-$20.00 dismissal fee.
- Expired Registration: The Court may dismiss with a $20.00 fee if registration is renewed within 20 business days of the citation or first court appearance date, whichever comes first, and you provide a copy of the registration receipt to the Court that clearly identifies the vehicle and indicates payment of the required penalty fee to the Tax Assessor. When you renew your registration, you MUST inform them you received a citation so that they assess this penalty fee.
- Expired Driver’s License: The Court may dismiss with a $20.00 fee, if the license is renewed within 20 business days of the citation, and you provide a copy of your new license to the Court no later than your due date.
- Fail to Display Registration: The Court may dismiss with a $20.00 fee if registration was current and if registration is properly placed on vehicle before the defendant’s first court appearance with proper receipt showing date prior to citation.
Fail to do Items
- Fail to Report Change of Name/Address on Driver’s License: The Court may dismiss with a $20.00 fee if the change of address is filed with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) within 20 business days and proof is shown to the Court before defendant’s first court appearance.
- Fail to Maintain Financial Responsibility (Insurance): Citations for no proof of insurance will be dismissed at no charge upon presentation to the Court of proof that the driver or vehicle was covered by a valid liability insurance policy at the time cited. The Court will verify insurance coverage was in place.
- Fail to Display Driver’s License: The Court may dismiss with a $10.00 fee upon presentation of a driver’s license that was valid at the time the citation was issued.